Finally, at this special event Girl Scouts celebrates the leadership and service of two outstanding Girl Scouts and awards two scholarships of $5,000 to be used for higher education. Scholarship recipients must be working on, or have completed, their Gold Award, the highest recognition available to Girl Scouts.
Awardees are selected through an application and essay process. All girls working towards earning their Gold Award are encouraged to apply for the 2015 Scholarship. Applications are due Monday, October 27, 2014.
Past scholarship recipients include:
- Carolyn “Carly” Beard, Clayton High School; 2012 Recipient
- Julia Brose, Eureka High School; 2013 Recipient
- Jazmyn Ferguson, Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School; 2012 Recipient
- Lauren Gieseking, Parkway West High School; 2014 Recipient
- Melissa LaChance, Central R-3 High School; 2013 Recipient
- Natalie Ried, Lindbergh High School; 2014 Recipient