On Thursday, February 27, 2014, Girl Scouts will host Dessert First, a fundraising event that helps to raise critical funds necessary to support the mission of Girl Scouts. Now in its third year, this event, again presented by Emerson, continues to garner acclaim from friends and supporters alike! Its format is unique: during cocktail hour guests taste original desserts inspired by Girl Scout Cookies made by St. Louis chefs. Each year, local chefs take our famous Girl Scout Cookies and transform them into mouth-watering desserts. Then, with the help of special guest judges, all guests vote for their favorite dessert.
Past chef participants include:
- Chefs Greg Ziegenfuss & Callaghan Carter, Bixby’s
- Chef Chris Bork, Blood & Sand
- Chef Gerald “Jay” Witte, BRIO Tuscan Grille
- Chef Ellen Farrell, Cardwell’s on the Plaza
- Chef Judy Smith, Dierbergs
- Chef Aaron Baggett, EdgeWild
- Chef Fabrizio Schenardi, Four Seasons
- Chef Terry Peirick, Glen Echo Country Club
- Chef Cassy Vires, Home Wine Kitchen
- Chef Sally Sciaroni, Onesto Pizza & Trattoria
- Chef Kathrine Benson, The Saint Louis Club
- Chef Casey Shiller, St. Louis Community College
- Chefs Wes Johnson & Leslie Gillette, Salt
- Chef Ashley Van Camp, Schnucks
- Chefs Simone Faure & Jeanine Edmonds, The Ritz-Carlton
The event also honors one Individual Legacy Builder and one Corporate Legacy Builder. Both honorees are chosen because of the enormous support and service they have provided to Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri.
This year we are thrilled to honor Ameren Missouri as our Corporate Legacy Builder and Elsie St. Cyr * as our Individual Legacy Builder.
Education Scholarship Awards
Finally, at this special event Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri celebrates the leadership and service of two outstanding Girl Scouts and awards two scholarships of $5,000 to be used for higher education. Scholarship recipients must be working on, or have completed, their Gold Award, the highest recognition available to Girl Scouts. Those who receive the Dessert First Education Scholarships truly embody the very best of Girl Scouting and serve as a shining example of the Girl Scout Leadership Experience’s power as an initiative.
To learn more about Dessert First contact Fund Development Manager Emily Carroll at 314.592.2373 or email@example.com.
2014 Event Sponsors