Learning opportunities are organized through the Volunteer Development Program (VDP). The VDP provides courses that are appropriate for volunteers at all levels of experience.
- Equip Leaders, Co-Leaders and Assistant Leaders with the information and resources they need to successfully manage a troop
- Provide skills training
- Offer enrichment opportunities
- Help Leaders meet safety criteria for specific activities
Courses offered through the VDP are listed in the GSEM Lead & Learn published in January and July.
Learning opportunities are provided through the generous support of the corporate community, individuals and the United Way of Greater St. Louis, as well as the Council product sales activities.
Girl Scouting 101 is required of all new Girl Scout volunteers:
GSEM Introduction to Girl Scouting is required of new Leaders, Co-Leaders and Assistant Leaders:
- Attend a class scheduled in the GSEM Lead & Learn or
- Take it online or,
- Request a home study from your District Home Study Coordinator or Volunteer Development Manager (listed in every issue of the GSEM Lead & Learn or Neighborhood Chair