The Seasons of Giving Council-wide service began in 1922, when the Children’s Aid Society asked Girl Scout Troop #10 to provide dolls as Christmas gifts.
Initially called the Girl Scout Festival of Giving, it took place at Christmas with a huge gathering.
The festival site used a variety of locations, starting with the Girl Scout Service Center and the St. Louis Arena from 1957-1963.
The festival grew so much that it was eventually decentralized and held at the District and Neighborhood levels as a year-round service to the Girl Scout community.
In 1996, the Girl Scout Festival of Giving was renamed Girl Scout Seasons of Giving to reflect the 12-month commitment of Girl Scouts serving more than 1,000 agencies and thousands of individuals.