Thursday, February 23, 2017
Chase Park Plaza
St. Louis, Missouri
Dessert First is our sweetest event of the year! Eat dessert first and support leadership development for girls.
Dessert First challenges local chefs from restaurants around our region to create delectable and innovative desserts incorporating Girl Scout Cookies. Because every challenge needs a prize, during cocktail hour guests and a panel of celebrity judges vote for their favorite. This year is particularly significant, as it marks the 100th Anniversary of Girl Scouts selling cookies and will feature the introduction of a new mouthwatering variety.
The event also honors one Individual Legacy Builder and one Corporate Legacy Builder. Both honorees are chosen because of the enormous support and service they have provided to Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri.
2017 Corporate Legacy Builder: Express Scripts
2017 Individual Legacy Builder: Mary Ann Altergott
Past Legacy Builders:
- Ameren Missouri
- Commerce Bank
- Crawford Taylor Foundation
- Marilyn Fox
- Laurna C. Godwin
- Carolyn Losos
- Elsie St. Cyr
- Maurita Stueck
Education Scholarship Awards
Additionally, at this special event Girl Scouts celebrates the leadership and service of two outstanding Girl Scouts and awards two scholarships of $5,000 to be used for higher education. Scholarship recipients must be working on, or have earned, their Gold Award, the highest recognition available to Girl Scouts.
Past Scholarship Recipients:
- Carolyn Beard, Clayton High School; 2012 Recipient
- Amanda Blythe, Ft. Zumwalt West High School; 2015 Recipient
- Julia Brose, Eureka High School; 2013 Recipient
- Jamielee Buenemann, Washington High School; 2015 Recipient
- Myra Dotzel, Parkway Central High School; 2016 Recipient
- Jazmyn Ferguson, Mary Institute and St. Louis Country Day School; 2012 Recipient
- Lauren Gieseking, Parkway West High School; 2014 Recipient
- Melissa LaChance, Central R-3 High School; 2013 Recipient
- Natalie Ried, Lindbergh High School; 2014 Recipient
- Jessica Thoelke, Ladue Horton Watkins High School; 2016 Recipient
Awardees are selected through an application and essay process. All girls working towards earning their Gold Award are encouraged to apply for the 2017 Scholarship. Applications are due Monday, October 24, 2016. Download the application.
Dessert First corporate sponsors invest in Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri to develop strong, well-equipped, and service-minded leaders for tomorrow’s workforce.
We are developing a pipeline of capable workers to be future leaders in your organization. Girl Scouting works, and your investment in girls will impact the future leadership of your organization, Missouri, the United States and the world.
Interested in a corporate sponsorship? Contact Grants & Sponsorships Manager Ashlie Zimmerman at 314.592.2367 or email@example.com.
To learn more about Dessert First, or to join our event committee, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.