Make sure to save the date for next year’s Dessert First, Thursday, February 25, 2016!
On Thursday, February 26, 2015 Girl Scouts hosted its signature fundraising event, Dessert First. The event was a huge success with over 500 guests in attendance and over $215,000 raised—more than any single event in recent Council history! All proceeds from the event will support our leadership development programs for girls.
Once again, Dessert First delighted guests with 11 local chefs creating unique desserts from Girl Scout Cookies.
Guests and special guest judges voted for their favorites and the winners were:
- People’s Choice Award: Kakao Chocolate, chef Brian pelletier
- Judge’s Choice Award: Clementines Creamery, chef Tamara Keefe
The event also honored Crawford Taylor Foundation as our Corporate Legacy Builder and Laurna C. Godwin as our Individual Legacy Builder. Both Legacy Builders have provided enormous support and service to Girl Scouts of Eastern Missouri. See the videos below to learn more about our honorees.
See more photos from Dessert First 2015!
Crawford Taylor Foundation
Laurna C. Godwin
Finally, the event celebrated Amanda Blythe and Jamielee Buenemann, two 13-year Girl Scouts who have completed their Girl Scout Gold Award, the highest honor in Girl Scouting. Both Amanda and Jamielee were awarded $5,000 scholarships to be used for higher education. See the videos below to learn more about our scholarship recipients.
Participating Restaurants & Chefs
- Amy’s Corner Bakeshop, Chef Amy Verkamp-McArthy
- Bailey’s Chocolate Bar, Chef David Bailey
- The Chase Park Plaza, Chef David Laufer
- Clementine’s Creamery, Chef Tamara Keefe
- EdgeWild Restaurant & Winery, Chef Aaron Baggett
- Kakao Chocolate, Chef Brian Pelletier
- L’École Culinaire, Chef Nicole Shuman
- Onesto Pizza & Trattoria, Chef Sally Sciaroni
- Sarah’s Cake Shop, Chef Michelle Hedman
- Scape American Bistro, Chef Julie Weldele
- Strange Donuts, Chef Mary Boehne