When preparing for any activity with girls, always begin with the Safety Activity Checkpoints written specifically for that particular activity.
If Safety Activity Checkpoints do not exist for an activity you and the girls are interested in, be sure to check with the Council before making any definite plans with the girls in your group. A few activities are allowed only with written Council pre-approval and only for girls ages 12 and over, while some are off-limits completely.
Caution: You must get written pre-approval from your Council for girls ages 12 and older who:
- will operate motorized vehicles, such as go-carts and personal watercraft (driving or riding all-terrain vehicles and motor bikes is never allowed)
- use firearms (hunting is never allowed)
- take trips on waterways that are highly changeable or uncontrollable (Class V and higher watercraft trips are never allowed)
- fly in non-commercial aircraft, such as small private planes, helicopters, sailplanes, untethered hot-air balloons and blimps (hang gliding, parachuting and parasailing are never allowed)
Warning: The following activities are never allowed for any girl:
- shooting a projectile at another person (such as paintball), potentially uncontrolled free-falling (bungee jumping, hang gliding, parachuting, parasailing and trampolining)
- creating extreme variations of approved activities (such as high-altitude climbing and aerial tricks on bicycles, skis, snowboards, skateboards, water-skis and wakeboards)
- riding all-terrain vehicles and motor bikes
- taking watercraft trips in Class V or higher whitewater